Toolbox contains tools that can be used for many purposes. A dirty toolbox can hinder your work and delay the task on hand. There are simple tips to keep your toolbox grease free and clean. Here we will tell you about the various things you need to do to organize your toolbox.
- Always sort your tools: When you are in a hurry and need to find that screwdriver, it can become a whole lot easy when you have kept the tools sorted out in the toolbox. Often, things tend to get misplaced after you purchase them, only to be found in the toolbox. Keeping them sorted out will avoid all such situations and save you much time.
- Lay out everything on a clean sheet: When you are starting to organize your toolbox, the first step is to lay out everything on a clean sheet. Every small tool should be kept over that sheet so that it is clearly visible.
- Clean the toolbox: Now after emptying the toolbox, if there are any stains of grease or dirt on the box, you should clean it. Remember to clean it outside your home, or else you can dirty the place where you are cleaning it.
- Clean each tool: Now select every tool big or small, turn by turn and assess it. If you find any dirt or grease on the tool, clean it. Here you can also keep any damaged tools aside for further evaluation.
- What’s broken: If you find any broken pieces of tools on the sheet, throw it away. Also, look for any broken tools that might not work. Either take them for repair or throw them away. If you are unable to identify any tool, just throw that away in the dustbin.
- Assess what’s needed: The tools should match the size of the toolbox. There is no point in overstuffing the toolbox with extra tools. For starters, you can go with a small toolbox that has all the essentials and is also easy to manage. If you are a professional, you can seek out multi-drawer toolbox, where you can separate out the essentials from the non-essentials.
What is it worth, if a toolbox does not have the tool you need? Therefore always keep the essential tools in the toolbox. Keeping it clean and sorted out will surely save you the time and hassle to find even small tools.